4. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Services. But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
4.1. Account. In order to use certain Services, you may be required to create an account (“Account”). We may offer different options to create an Account, including:
(a) Online Registration Form: You may choose to complete and submit an online registration form. You will be asked to provide us with certain mandatory information such as your name and email address, and also a password that you will use for your Account. You may choose to provide optional information such as your age and gender.
(b) Third-Party Accounts: You may choose to create an Account by clicking on a ‘connect’ or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the Services for a designated third party website or service (each a “Third-Party Account”), including but not limited to, LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter. Doing so will enable you to link your eDocate Account and your Third-Party Account. If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that we may obtain from your Third-Party Account and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with your Third-Party Account. Please note that in order to use this option, you will need to have, and may need to be signed-in to, an existing Third-Party Account.
Regardless of which method you choose to register your Account, we may send an email to your designated email address to instruct you on how to confirm your registration.
4.2. ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information, such as your name and email address.
4.3. Share with Friends Service. The Services may enable you to invite your friends to use our Services by sending them an invitation email or message. You may do so by: (i) using the Services to send or post an invitation message via your Third-Party Account; and/or (ii) using the Services to send an invitation email to your friend’s external email address. If you send or post an invitation message, we may collect Personal Information about the recipient such as their email address or their third party website account user name and id. To protect the recipient’s privacy, we provide this service subject to the Terms, and enable recipients to opt-out.
4.4. Location Data. We may provide certain location-based services (“Location Services”) in connection with the Services that are dependent on data related to the geographic location of your mobile device on which the Software is installed (“Location Data”). If you choose to participate in these Location Services, you agree that we may collect or obtain your Location Data. You should be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off location-sharing features.
4.5. Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track user’s movement around the Services, and gather demographic information.
4.6. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Services may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order to for us to provide our Services and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Services. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
4.7. Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide the Software. Such information may include your mobile device type, mobile device id, and date and time stamps of Software use. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the Software to help us gather aggregated information.
5. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Services, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways:
5.1. We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Services, to provide you with support and assistance in using the Services, to solicit feedback in connection with your use of the Services, to contact you in connection with the Services and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access.
5.2. We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Services and our products; (ii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password); (iii) send you ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
5.5. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of eDocate, our users, yourself or the public.
6. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Services and enhance your experience with the Services. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Services.
7. Continuing Medical Education. We may share your Personal Information with the accreditors of our continuing education programs. We currently work with a Co-Provider an accredited entity who is required to periodically submit Personal Information about continuing medical education (“CME” and/or “CE”) participants and the CME/CE activities that we certify, as requested by the applicable accrediting entity. We may provide your Personal Information to other accredited providers who certify CME/CE offered through the Services as required by these other providers to process the credits that that you earn by completing the applicable CME/CE activity, to fulfill their reporting obligations to the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and other accrediting bodies and as required for their internal recordkeeping purposes.
8. Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising or other Services-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Services.
9. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Services but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you, and you may not be able to get CME credits.
10. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may use the tools that we make available on the Services or you may submit an access request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may retain certain Personal Information in connection with pending or potential legal disputes, as required by law enforcement or other government agencies, to process and maintain records of financial transactions, or as requested by you.
12. Children’s Privacy. The Services are not structured to attract and are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years.
13. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about the security of the Service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
14. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.